Thursday, March 4, 2010

Starbucks Visits

So... I really don't think this is that interesting of an experience, but I just have to say something about it. Today, I was in Starbucks with a friend of mine and my sister to get...well, starbucks coffee. To be exact, they were buying some and I was not because I'm attempting to save up money for Bonaroo, a freaking fantastic music festival in the summer. You can check it out here. Anyway, there they were getting their coffee when I hear this voice from behind me.

"Hey, you work at the library, right? "

Now you know I work at a library. You wouldn't believe how many people complain about fines for movies when we obviously do them a favor by allowing people to check movies out for FREE and telling them they get SEVEN DAYS TO TURN THEM IN OR IT WILL BE $2 PER DAY OVERDUE PER BARCODE everytime. It also doesn't help when people have fines and they say, "But you didn't tell me that!" Obviously, it's labeled on the DVDS in bold, capital letters and we tell you every time you check out a movie!

Anyway, back to my story: I turn around and it's this weird, random man who I vaguely remember seeing at the library before. But he's talking to me and my friends...as if I have actually carried a normal conversation with him before and multiple times. First of all, I've never said anything other than a "thank you", "you're welcome", and a "would you like a bag for your books?" Now he's talking to me in Starbucks like he knows me?! He continues on with some sort of topic of conversation that I don't even remember anymore...something about a printer and how he doesn't have to pay 10 cents anymore and all the while I'm thinking, "Why are you telling me this?!" I mean, if I saw the guy who has checked me out at Wal-Mart 3 or 4 times at the movie theater, I would not be going up to him and saying, "Hey, you work at Wal-Mart, right?" while I tell him about how I don't have to buy tomatoes at Wal-Mart anymore because I grow my own or something along those lines!

Oh well, I'm flattered I was remembered even if it freaked me out. Goodbye and goodnight!
Categories: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment